United Kingdom
My fp715 wiring is set out like this

N-blue,blue,black
L-brown,red
1-yellow
2-
3-blue
4-red

I've recently done some tiling and removed my fp715 and some wires came loose,i replaced em as i thought they were and now my heating does'nt work.

The boiler kicks in and the tank up stairs makes it's usual sound but the radiators don't come hot.

So my question to anyone is,does it look like my wiring is incorrect or do i need a plumber to look at my boiler?

regards glennc.

Sponsored Links
What boiler?

What other components do you have in your system?

Motorized valves, separate pump, roomstat etc.

Basic question, are those wires you state in the same terminals as before you done any work?

You need to find what terminals the other ends go to in the wiring centre.

I am no plumber unfortunately..

I have a baxi solo 3 pfl 30.I have a danfoss thermostat type AT.Theres also a red unit at the side of my cylinder tank (grundfos,type ups 15-50 130) but dunno what it is.

sorry,can this info answer your query?

thanks for yr reply.

Sponsored Links
Have you got a 3 port valve or 2 x 2 port valves in your airing cupboard?

3 port will have 3 pipes onto it.

Check that the wires are in 1 and 4 properly and connector has not slipped down so that the pin on back of clock is not engaging properly also if you have tiled behind it is it properly engaged onto backplate.

As dave says you have not mixed up the wires by chance?

Have you got a 3 port valve or 2 x 2 port valves in your airing cupboard?

3 port will have 3 pipes onto it.

:oops: Silly question, must be 3 port with these wires :rolleyes:

1= HW on
3= HW off
4= CH on

If memory serves me right.

You will as said before need to know where these are connected at the other end to know if they are connected the right way round.

theres a pipe goin in to the top of the cylinder (central) two to the front right and one goin in to the back left.

I can't work out where the wires are leading im afraid.

theres 3 grey cables comin in from the top left of the back box and a white cable comin in from the top right.

N = blue n black from left cables & a blue from right.
L = red fron left brown from right
1 = yellow from left
2 = nothing
3 = blue from left
4 = red from left

wires not goin to control unit from cables are goin in to a small splitter type thing.

hope you can help!

Tell us what wires (colours and terminals) came out and it may help

Unfortunately, and I don't wish to sound rude at all, from your replies I fear that you will end up causing yourself more problems, as you don't seem to have the basic understanding of what you are working on, or our attempts to describe things.

In this instance I personally feel you would be better off to call in a heating engineer to sort it for you.

It is easy for us sitting here, but awful for you at your end, especially if you end up in a bigger muddle and you are dealing with 240AC mains here :eek:

it was only the red in 4 and the blue in 3 that came out,would it make any difference if i swapped these round or are those two in the correct place?

I think there probrably comes a time when some things in the house you jus cant do your self (which i hate to be out smarted) and have to pay someone once in a while to get it done correctly.

this is my time,thanks for trying for me & your posts.

glennc

Certainly try swapping them around. It won't hurt anything and because of terminal 3 could cure your problems.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back