Friday Film Review

M

Moz

Children of Men (2006)

Directer
Alfonso Cuarón

In 2027, in a chaotic world in which humans can no longer procreate, a former activist agrees to help transport a miraculously pregnant woman to a sanctuary at sea, where her child's birth may help scientists save the future of humankind.

This was an excellent if scary film of what our future could be ...Very compelling, very gritty and savage no-holds barred affair about a future post-apocalyptic Britain, and first-rate cinematography, with scenes of immigrants being moved to detention centres giving a chilling redolence of the Holocaust.
Clive Owen, shows he can act an was superb , old Micky Caine has a hoot in this ...:)
Julianne Moore, was ok , not bad ....

Btw when they start on about the fuggees I had to sit up an turn around thinking slogger an the rest of forums racists were in the pictures ,lol ;)
Im sure they would be proud of this hellish racially pure Britain depicted here ..:(

well woth seeing 8/10 :)

Sponsored Links
Read the book about 5 years ago, so no doubt the film will be disappointing.

Eddie M

I never read the book , but the film was good an worth a fiver to see

Moz

I tend to agree with many of your reviews but must disagree with this one

Whilst the cinematography was excellent, the editing was pretty poor

The introduction to the film left me thinking "what the hell is going on" Blink and you missed it

Micheal Caines character was awful. I was wondering why he took on a role like this Behind with his mortgage payments ?

Loved the soundtrack - found myself singing along to Goodbye Ruby Tuesday!!! - only six people in the cinema at the time

:eek:

Did have several DIY regulars in mind throughout the film as well

Sponsored Links
hey keep your infactual comments to yourself ? ok you dont see me getting personal on you even though there is ample room to do so :evil:

As I named no names, I assume the previous post was aimed at Moz ?????

Back