Full fill cavity insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm doing some research on cavity wall insulation for my extension.

I note that there is a full fill 97mm PIR from Celotex (CF5000), which is better performing than the Isover CWS 32 100mm.

Is there a reason why I would not go with the Celotex over the Isover? I have been reading lots of conflicting information and would like to know what people's opinions/experiences are.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Price? I was looking into a similar fullfill insulation, Xtratherm fullfill pir.

Compared to fullfill slab costing was £300-400 for dritherm 32s and £1400 for Xtratherm fullfill pir. All for a U-Values difference between 0.32 - slab and 0.21 pir.

Ease of installation, most builders know how to install slabs as it is a typical install. I guess pir with a cavity is relatively typical but not as forgiving as slab install. With fullfill pir you need a really good installer, otherwise if incorrectly installed, you would end up having problems with moisture.

Here is a external thread about how someone used fullfill pir for their self build. (http://www.ebuild.co.uk/topic/18620-xtratherm-cavitytherm-learned-points/)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back