Global warming... Natures way of........

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
.... helping us out....

I had a musing yesterday when I half heard something on the radio about global warming...

with the supply of fossil fuels dwindling every second.. then global warming is just natures way of preparing us for life without them...

global warming causes the polar ice caps to melt and messes with the gulf stream and causes "el ninio" weather systems.. massive amounts of raw power waiting to be harnessed by wind turbines...

it causes longer dryer summers... much better for solar water heating and power...

the wetter winters caused by "el ninio" type weather deposits large amounts of water which if stored correctly can be used to run hydroelectric power generators..

the polar ice caps melting will cause seas to rise and may restore arid areas and deserts back to useable land.. where we will be able to plant forrests to lower the CO2 and produce more oxygen for the ever growing populace...

the abundance of excess water can be converted to hydrogen and oxygen with the use of solar generated electricity and used to run our cars...... or stored and used for the rockets we're going to need when the big asteroid comes and wipes us all out.....

Sponsored Links
And we'll all be burnt to a crisp so we won't need energy thanks anyway ;)

You are chancing your luck Coljack. Just wait until joe reads your post - he'll have your guts for garters!

The problem with that (and I've had the same thoughts in the past) is that it would cause the Atlantic Conveyor (the gulf stream) to stop due to the lighter density of fresh water from Greenland. We are on the same latitude as Moscow. The Gulf Stream is what keeps our climate very mild. If it were to stop - we'd have the same weather as Moscow.

Sponsored Links
The problem with that (and I've had the same thoughts in the past) is that it would cause the Atlantic Conveyor (the gulf stream) to stop due to the lighter density of fresh water from Greenland. We are on the same latitude as Moscow. The Gulf Stream is what keeps our climate very mild. If it were to stop - we'd have the same weather as Moscow.
oh good we'll have proper british winters with snow again :)

that's fine by me Joe... with all the Imigrants flooding our little isle, and the cheap house prices from where they come from we'll do a swap and move further south to warmer climates and let them have what's left...

I'm currently looking at aquiring land in holland that's above sea level so that when the seas rise and all the rest sinks, I'll have some nice beachfront property.. :)

I'm currently looking at aquiring land in holland that's above sea level so that when the seas rise and all the rest sinks, I'll have some nice beachfront property.. :)

Probably beach front, back and sides. :)

Back