Glow worm flexicon boilers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone have any views on these please ?
I want to replace my potterton suprima with a condensing boiler but the depth is limited.
The flexicon seems to be the only one that will fit.
Anyone with experience of these like to comment on reliability ?

Sponsored Links
Thanks, i am looking in to this.

Do you know any suppliers in london area ?
I cannot find anyone with knowledge/experience of these.
Same question, Do you know anything about reliability of these ?

They seem to have limited use in the uk market domestically.
My experience is mainly worcester bosch/valliant, this is for my own house and do not want to have to hack a relativley recent fitted kitchen apart.

Worcester Ri will fit in a cupboard, do you need a boiler over 24Kw?

Sponsored Links
have to admit with the rear exit flue option, it has come in handy a couple of times. in the kitchen.not had any trouble with em as yet, but sayin that there not my prefered boiler.just handy in certain situations.

ive had a few where the flexi pipes on the left leak/split. makes a fair mess of a brand new boiler.

pretty sure there big sister company had a few probs with the hoses splitting on some of there boilers. funny that.

And I have ditched the bunny along with several other installers:cool:

My experience is mainly worcester bosch/valliant, this is for my own house and do not want to have to hack a relativley recent fitted kitchen apart.

All boilers should be installed so that they can be fully maintained or in the extreme replaced without needing to modify the kitchen.

Boilers need a certain amout of clearance for engineers access. If you do not provide that then any warrantee wrork may be refused!

Tony

All boilers should be installed so that they can be fully maintained or in the extreme replaced without needing to modify the kitchen.

Boilers need a certain amout of clearance for engineers access. If you do not provide that then any warrantee wrork may be refused!

Tony

Understood, there is plenty of room above , below and at the side.
Cupboard depth is however 300mm which gives 5 cm clearance on the current boiler.
I want to replace with a condensing boiler but most have too much depth for the cupboard to close.
A few have been suggested but none i am familiar with.
Before i buy i wanted to get a feel for reliability.
BG are coming to quote but none of the boilers they fit seem to meet the criterion.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back