Gloworm spacesaver 38 making strange noises on startup

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, my gloworm spacesaver 38 which is approx 25 years old has started to make loud clunking noises when it starts up. The noises are worse first thing in the morning when the system has been powered down over night. These noises have been noticed in the last 2 weeks.

I had a corgi workman "service" the boiler, took the cover off and hoovered it about 3 months ago.

Prior to this, i have flushed the system and put inhibitor in mid 2008. System been working fine until now. Tried bleeding rads but no air lock.

Pilot light ok. Burner comes on ok.

Is this a problem with my pump or do i need to add some noise reduction fluid. If fluid is required, i guess i need to drain down, add noise reducer and leave for weeks/months, then drain down again and add inhibitor again?

PLease advise, much appreciated.
G

Sponsored Links
Sentinel x200 or fernox boiler silencer. both can be left in with existing inhibitor

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back