Good quality bathroom kit?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a nightmare with the bathroom in the last house- porcelain chips, seizing shower doors, leaky taps etc. Same story with car parts recently.

I've learnt my lesson and I'm trying to find decent stuff for the new bathroom.

Which makes are decent these days for toilets/shower cubicles/baths etc? Made in the UK would be nice (probably unrealistic these days I know).

Found some Grohe taps on ebay for a decent price so that's sorted.

The only sink unit which we like & fits is at Victoria plumb, worth the risk?

Cheers for any thoughts!

Sponsored Links
Duravit / Laufen / Villeroy & Boch / Kohler for sanitaryware if you want the best, or Twyford as a cheaper British alternative. Carron for baths, with a Carronite finish. Kudos for shower enclosures

Cheers that's really helpful.

Is Carronite worth £150 over a regular Carron bath? Its not going to be for showering as there will be a separate shower. I assume a normal Carron bath is encapsulated & generally decent?

Are Aqua Cabinets sink/units ok? Bit tricky to find one of those brand toilets with a short projection for our budget :( Found a Vitra for under £200 which should be ok (?)

Not trying to do anything flash, just something that will last and not cause problems

Cheers again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back