Grass Issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone help with ideas on how to thicken my grass, remove moss and weeds, and make it greener? When I first moved in it was almost 90% moss so I put down a moss killer, raked it all out, put down grass feed/thickener/seed and its pretty much all grass now. Only problem is once I cut it, it looks pretty dull and thin, so I treat it again, it grows back fine then when I cut it, it goes back to being dull and thin. Also quite a few dandelions and some tall thin weeds keep coming through.

Sponsored Links
Hand dig the larger weeds, hire or buy a powered grass rake at the end of the season and be prepared for a huge amount of moss to come out. Overseed with grass in Autumn, using a top dressing of soil if the ground is completely bare. Then repeat as necessary in Spring.

Proprietary weed and feed fertilisers are a bit hit and miss on lawns that are in the condition yours is in.

It will take several years of regular work to bring it back to shape.

Blup

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back