Gutter Replacement Cost

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just a quick question. I need to have a 2.5 metre length of guttering replaced due to it being warped and allowing water to overflow. I'm not confident on ladders so will be getting a contractor out to do the work. I assume this will be quite quick so was wondering what a reasonable cost would be,

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
2x£ for a house than a bungalow :idea: - even more if it`s over a conservatory or a wide 70`s style window.

sorry, I should have mentioned, its your standard 3 bed (2 floors) semi

A 4m length of guttering costs less than a tenner and you may get charged a couple of hours labour from first viewing, then going to purchase and return to install. So without being familiar with you regions labour costs, I would allow for maybe £50-£60.

Sponsored Links
How many jobs go just as the householder thinks? Accepting that it is only, say 2-3m of gutter 1/2R black plastic 112mm. Possibly clips and unions will be req'd?
But what if it's CI OG, or req's adaptors, what if the fascia is rotted, or RWP is involved. What if the falls are all wrong or masses of debris present?
Access difficulties, as was mentioned are always lying in wait.
Allowing no inspection visit ( a fraught procedure in roofing), then two journeys reqd for two men, plus possible journey to the plumbo supplies, so allow, say two hours of work plus mats.
At £35/hr (min.) : £140 plus mats for 2m of gutter.

sorry, I should have mentioned, its your standard 3 bed (2 floors) semi
then if it`s Marley 4 inch - nothing will fit it - you`ll have to buy some used stuff from me ;) . I just love Marley with their poxy own way of doing things :rolleyes: Seriously - if you`re in Kent , remember that a LOT of the Travelling Community call themselves roofers ;) Caveat Emptor. and good luck.

There is a hell of a lot of 'what if's and maybe thrown around here why is Nige F thanking Tim00 for a post that he didn't initiate ?

Because he had the most realistic estimate of what it`ll cost the OP :idea: . £ess it might be a bodge - more £ it`ll be a rip off

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back