Hacking off old pebble dadsh help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I hope some will help me out here. i am in the process of re rendering and dashing property.

One side the house the Scratch coat it fine and solid, even the dashing is fine, but the oter side dashing has blown.

I am going to hack of the dashng only one side and leave scratch coat there and re dash over the top of this. question here? should i SBR the wall be for applying top coat for dashing?

The other side is a different story.... the scratch coat has to come off as well as it has blown, but, i can see in parts i have smashed out, anoter scratch coat, i not sure if this would come off as it looks very good and strong, can i again SBR this or is it a case of hack back to the stone and brick? re scratch coat it.

I think its just a poor job over the existing scratch coat from day one. also, im not sure if it has a good KEY on the original sctrach coat, so i of course would key it up and SBR!

The guys did this, renvered over PAINTED render, so i that came off easy....., reason other side of house is ok is its an extention and new brick work.

Thanks for your help guys!

Regards

CR

thought?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back