have you ever done this traditional old cast, to 110. grrrrr

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Pro advise please.... I took a look at my cast soil stack and measured the internal diamater, as i have a new back to the wall toilet.

the pipe on the main stack was the nomal cast size 102 internal dia. what I was going to do was cut the bell of the old piece and fit a flexi or an adapter as it was not it the right place for the new wc.

I went to a local merchant and got an adapter, a 90 degree piece of 110 and a nice flexi to fit into that.

I cut the bit of cast with the bell on it and found that none of my adpters would fit.. it was a diffrtent size cast to the main soil, it was 92mm internal, what multikwick call traditional old cast iron (88-92) oh no, this was Saturday afternoon, and the shop I purchased from was closed..

I called round everywhere and they were all shut at 4pm on sat except 1 shop.. I went there and I was told I could use something called a MAC3 (mcalpine) (macfit) he said that wil fit and it did nicely, into the old cast 92mm and a tight fit into my 110 elbow the other end. I have tested the joint with a watering can and it is fine.... but im worried about something.

I want the pro plummers views of this... this adapter the MAC3 is fitted horizontal, and where the 110 fits inside there is a big step, I pored water down and it was fine, but there was a little bit that stayed in the ridge, if this was fitted vertical, it would not sit there. so I am a little worried about this, as it will always has a small bit sitting in the ridge. or will it be fine?

It there a better adapter that I can use that can convert 92mm to a 110

Multikwick dont do one only a flexi, but I would need there 90 degree one (clicky)

or will this be ok... just not happy about the ridge. or should I have used a fernco Flex-Seal, and just coverted it nicly... to 110

Darren

Sponsored Links
I would leave it for now but renew the stack or perhaps a portion of it if it started causing problems.

Ill tell you where to look for fittings but let you do the donkey work

Look here

There's nowt nice about flexies, they have ridges which fill up...

Try a good big old plumbers merchant, who will be able to show you options.

Sponsored Links
Have you considered applying a silicone sealant in the area of concern to smooth out the problem?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back