heat resistant f&e cistern

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am doing a solar installation for someone who has a glass lined aga boiler heating the DHW directly. They have future plans to replace the aga with a wood fired boiler and want me to convert the aga to heat the water indirectly in the meantime (so the cylinder I install won't need to be replaced).

So I need an f&e cistern in the roof that will be compatible with future systems. I'm not HETAS or OFTEC so a little out of my comfort zone here. Even a £2.75 plastic job from Toolstation meets BS 4213:2004 (yeah, I know, there's a mis-print in the catalogue) which specifies resistance to failure after 500hrs of boiling water.

I think the incident of the little girl who was scalded 2 years ago was caused by the tank overhanging the support board (or old door in this case) - if the board is big enough and the lid is secure to prevent sagging this should never happen, dodgy thermostat or not ......

A HETAS acquaintance says he fits fibreglass tanks but I can find no BS for these at all. I'm going to fit one of these from Plumbase, but being Plumbase can't get no info on it until I have paid for it and got it and can read the label...

oh, and I am going to install it above a doorway so there will never be anyone asleep underneath.

any help on fibreglass tanks greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back