Heating control options

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,
I have a couple of questions i'm hoping you can answer for me...
My Potterton Flamingo 50 boiler is controlled by a Danfoss 4033 programmer, which needs replacing (the timer no longer turns). I could simply replace the timer with same unit, but am considering something a bit more modern such as Horstmann C27 or H27, and possibly replace the room thermostat (Honeywell- no model number that i can find) with a programmable one.
Looking at the wiring I see that there are no connections at the 4033 to ch off or hw off. Is this normal? (the heating system is I believe S Plan (2x2 port valves, room and cylinder thermostats).
Also should I look for a 240v thermostat or can I also consider a battery operated model. If its a reasonably straight foward swap I'll do myself, if not I'll ask the gent who services my boiler to do it for me.
Any comments on a more elegant or sensible approach that I may not have considered would be most welcome also.
Many thanks,
Ollie

Sponsored Links
It should be too difficult to change the controls round - enverything needs 240v switching, but all the Honeywell stats (that I now of anyway) will be fine. Would suggest an LP111 for hot water, CM901 for heating.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back