Heating system bubbling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening,

I am in desperate need of some advice as I have had two plumbers round and since they have sorted one problem others have seemed to arise because of it.

The original issue was that the radiators where heating up upstairs but not downstairs. This was resolved when they flushed the system and installed a new pump.

Now the heating system especially the immersion heater (heater) I believe is making a bubbling/ gurgling noise when the system is running.

The current setup we have is in the loft an ideal standard classic hot water heater (please find guide book in heating issues album) along with an overflow tank and additional water storage for the power shower we have.

In the airing cupboard is a Grundfos Selectric pump which is on setting 2 and the immersion heater (please find photos in heating issues album).

I have bled the radiators upstairs and down and only get water coming out no air and I have also changed the pump settings which doesn't seem to make a difference.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and if any further info is required please do not hesitate to ask.

I am not plumber by any means so as much step by step guidance as possible would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Lewis Ward

Sponsored Links
Why have you got immersion heater on at the same time as your boiler.

The immersion is a backup means to heat your water if your boiler is out of action.

Where is the bubbling noise coming from?

Cant tell how system is installed (cold feed, open vent etc) from the pics.
Bubbling would more than likely be air being introduced to system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back