heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Pleeeeeeeeeeeease can someone help me with my plite with this vizo boiler i have had fitted. Worked for 2 months and now no heating downstairs. Heatline replaced pump still no joy. Had system flushed radiators taken off etc etc. Why doesnt it work :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sponsored Links
By your post i take it all your upstairs rads work and its only downstairs not heating :?:
If so your boilers working but not circulating TRY turning off all upstairs rads and see if the pump pushes heat downstains.. :idea:

To clear air lock

Its worrying that Heatline replaced the pump under the warrantee when the pump was not at fault!

Heatline is now owned by Vaillant!

Is this yet another example of Heatcall failing to diagnose the problem?

Let us know the result of turning off the upstairs rads. If that makes it work then see the FAQ on this site for balancing rads.

Now was the system power flushed? Did the Heatline man comment on the condition of the water?

Tony

By your post i take it all your upstairs rads work and its only downstairs not heating :?:
If so your boilers working but not circulating TRY turning off all upstairs rads and see if the pump pushes heat downstains.. :idea:

To clear air lock

Yes thanks for that we have tried that still isnt working. Had a man here today we flushed the heating while it was on and the main flush radiator downstairs had heat in it and then that flowed through to the back room. Still no joy we keep getting the same news its the boiler even though we get no joy from them. Had heating on again and no heating downstairs. Have had x4 experts now and feel soooooooooooo depressed spending money we havent got on a new boiler :cry: :cry:

Sponsored Links
Its worrying that Heatline replaced the pump under the warrantee when the pump was not at fault!

Heatline is now owned by Vaillant!

Is this yet another example of Heatcall failing to diagnose the problem?

Let us know the result of turning off the upstairs rads. If that makes it work then see the FAQ on this site for balancing rads.

Now was the system power flushed? Did the Heatline man comment on the condition of the water?

Tony

We have had the same heatline engineer here x4 saying we have bloked pipes. The system has been flushed x3. He said old radiators then. We have had radiators replaced and system flushed again still no result. All the heating people keep pointing to the boiler yet we get no where. If there is a blockage why can we fill the radiators downstairs when we take them off and refill and again when we flushed today there was heat coming through downstairs through the bleed off pipe. At my wits end. Thanks for replying :cry: :cry:

I am sorry that I am so far away as I love to solve problems which others have failed to.

If you are in the North then I could ask my ex-trainee to have a look but unfortunately he is very helpful but not that good.

Can you take off a DS rad and open each valve in turn into a bucket and see if you get a good flow?

Basic question! Is it microbore or standard 15 mm tube?

Another question! Did the system work OK before the boiler was replaced?

Tony

Agile";p="972504 said:
I am sorry that I am so far away as I love to solve problems which others have failed to.

If you are in the North then I could ask my ex-trainee to have a look but unfortunately he is very helpful but not that good.

Can you take off a DS rad and open each valve in turn into a bucket and see if you get a good flow?

To

Thanks for trying I AM TOTALLY no expert. I might have to take degree. Just so frustrated the boiler was a worcester combi before which was over 12 years old and we were replacing this and that so decided to have a new combi. Had this heatline vizo fitted which worked for 2mths then nothing. Since then all these experts saying all sorts. We live in a victorian house 100 years and they mention valves......... Where to look though cos no one is giving any indiacations. British gas i am looking to next. Where are the experts in the plumbing line as you are so far away???? I need a good guy???

melneedshelp";p="972549 said:

And the boiler was ok before it went awol. Always had heating downstairs. New one fitted all ok for 2mths then overnight nothing as in heat downstairs
To

Thanks for trying I AM TOTALLY no expert. I might have to take degree. Just so frustrated the boiler was a worcester combi before which was over 12 years old and we were replacing this and that so decided to have a new combi. Had this heatline vizo fitted which worked for 2mths then nothing. Since then all these experts saying all sorts. We live in a victorian house 100 years and they mention valves......... Where to look though cos no one is giving any indiacations. British gas i am looking to next. Where are the experts in the plumbing line as you are so far away???? I need a good guy???

I doubt very much it would have been your old radiators. One or two maybe, but not all.

As you had a combi previously then generally as it was a sealed system the amount of dirt in the system would usually be minimal.

Has anyone checked the flow & return temperatures at the boiler? Could be a little bit of crud in the HE restricting the flow.

Try back flushing the boiler HE with the ch isolating valves shut and the boiler flow drain off open, assuming this has one.

What does your installer say about this? Why did you go from a WB to a heatline :eek: :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back