Help! downstairs rads are cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have the similar problem to one mentioned elsewhere and the suspect was the the anti- gravity valve? , its an old gas back boiler with grudnfos 15-50 pump fitted on the return flow. The HW is gravity fed i think. Its the original system from when the house was built in the 1960's. The upstairs 3 rads get hot at the top half but not the bottom, the 2 rads downstairs only get hot at the very top and sides (few inches) only, but not on the bottomw at all. I suspect their is sludge blocking them aswell but the is also a flow circulation problem. I have a single pipe system i think. The pump is under the ground floor and the back boiler in the lounge. I have something that looks like an anti gravity valve on a verticla pipe in the airing cupboard in the upstairs bathroom where the HW storage tank is fitted. The pump seems to be spinning okay from what can be seen by the inspection cap an di have tired bleedig the rads and putting the pump on full speed but nothing has helped. Could it be anything else causing the flow to be so poor?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back