Help: Grant Euroflame 70/90 kitchen/utility boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I temporarily removed a radiator upstairs to plaster at the back of it. I then refitted the radiator. I did not add any more water into my system to replace the water I removed (I don't know how to do this). I turned the central heating on and all works, BUT, now i get an odd bubbling sound from the pipes/pump (I'm not sure) near the boiler (I did not have this noise before). The noise does not seem to start immediately when I turn the heating on, but after the boiler stops (when its reached the temperature I set on my thermostat) and continues for around 10-15 minutes.

Ay ideas? I'm worried it might blow up or something! It a grant Euroflame 70/90 kitchen/utility oil (kerosine) boiler. Am I meant to add more water into the system? I cannot see a pressure gauge anywhere? Am I meant to bleed/balance - if so, can you tell me what to do?

Help please.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
It depends if you have an open vented system or sealed? Is there a small Feed & Expansion tank in your attic? Or at a high level in your home?

Hello. Thanks for coming back to me. I don't know if I'm being honest. We have a water tank in the attic and a cylinder in the airing cupboard. Near the boiler, there is a red thing...perhaps a pump. It's called 'Grundfos super seletric'?

I can't see a pressure gauge anywhere on the boiler? Does that mean its sealed?

quote="Richardthe3rd";p="3104271"]It depends if you have an open vented system or sealed? Is there a small Feed & Expansion tank in your attic? Or at a high level in your home?[/quote]

Sponsored Links
Some photos would help then James. Boiler, hot water cylinder etc...... ;)

Hiya. Sorry for th delay. Here are 3 photos (took me a while to figure this out). The photos show the boiler, the red 'pump' thing near the boiler and the pipes where the noise comes from, and my hot water cylinder.

Thanks again for you help!

J.

Some photos would help then James. Boiler, hot water cylinder etc...... ;)

Hiya. Sorry for th delay. Here are 3 photos (took me a while to figure this out). The photos show the boiler, the red 'pump' thing near the boiler and the pipes where the noise comes from, and my hot water cylinder.

Thanks again for you help!

J.

Looking at the photo of your hot water cylinder, it's an open vented system you have & the Feed/Expansion tank is in the attic above the cylinder cupboard. Check your tank & ensure it's full & the ballvalve is not jammed.
HTH

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back