Help needed to identify a wall

Thank you Stuart. Ill look into this a bit more. I'm using hydraulic lime for use in a mortar for some external pointing outside. But if you say hydrated lime is more breathable it would make more sense to use this on the internal wall as I need it to breathe as much as possible to avoid damp.

Is hydrated lime more difficult to use though? I was planning on using my brother who only has experience with sand n cement and gypsum but wants to give lime a go.

Sponsored Links
Jeds- it is only a Victorian house but the wall is unusual with this earthy type stone. It has damp already at the bottom although not horrendous. Do you think limelight would be breathable enough? I've looked into this stuff but I understand it contains cement which for breath ability reasons I was trying to avoid, hence looking at a natural lime mix with sand.

Appreciate all your help once again guys. I just want to get this right.

Is hydrated lime more difficult to use though? I was planning on using my brother who only has experience with sand n cement and gypsum but wants to give lime a go.
He might need to read up a bit on lime plastering.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back