HELP NEEDED TV ++

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to upgrade our house Sky and TV set up,
what we have at present is SKY and terrestrial TV comes into our living room along with CCTV, we also have SKY multi room in one bedroom, and we have a cable connected to the RF out at the back of the SKY box and it supplies another bedroom TV, in another bedroom we have terrestrial TV. so what i would like it some sort of loft box which will supply the four TVs, the living room TV must have with SKY, Terrestrial TV and CCTV.
Another question?
i am thinking of also upgrading to SKY + and the digital cabling is twin instead of a single cable, if i pull the standard digital cable out of the conduit which runs from the loft down to the living room will there be enough room for the twin cable, the cables which are inside the conduit at present are, one digital cable, one terrestrial TV cable, one CCTV cable, and one telephone cable.

Sponsored Links
There's no such thing as "digital cable". What you need is twin-screened coaxial cable". WF65 twin "shotgun" cable fits through a 10mm diameter hole. It's actually "figure of 8" so it's not a 10mm circle. More like 9mm x 5mm.

Loft Box info. here: http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/lofthelp.htm

So reading that, am i right thinking that one cable coming from a loft box could supply the living room with SKY and terrestrial TV.?

...and (analogue) CCTV - yes.

But you'll need a second cable to distribute the signals to other TVs. The "Return" feed. This second cable can also carry another satellite LNB feed (for Sky+) and the signals for remote control. So, with just 2 cables, you can do quite a lot. :)

Sponsored Links
Sam when you refer to the" return feed" do you mean a cable coming from the back of the Sky box back to the loft box?
Which box would you recommend for my set up?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back