help needed with college project

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello everyone this my first post, i looks a very helpful site.

i would like help with a second year college electrical project (warehouse)
i am supplied with drawings, take off sheets, plans,circuit identification
charts and a set of questions and goals to meet. some of the questions
seem not to bad, but others are a bit in depth.

im not looking for this project to be done for me but just pointers and
help with calculations.

like question 2
calculations on conductor sizes for a light circuit and a 3 phase motor, possible correction factors and how they would affect it ,voltage drop.

if anyone was interested in having a quick look at the questions, that would be great, just let me know and ill send you the questions

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks inadvance

geecam

Sponsored Links
I suspect you need to look at the kevin boorn info in page 2 of for reference. Then come back with more specific questions where the reference material is unclear, otherwise you are asking us to do your work, which will teach you very little, and might be seen as cheating :confused: .
I suspect you will get very few voulantters to do your work for free, but plenty of advcice on any detailed aspect that is unclear.
regards M.

post the question and what you suspect the answer is, and say why and then people will be able to help you with the questions.

Cable size isnt hard to calculate if you have plans= measurement = length.

Correction Factors can include many things, but I suspect you know which its asking for.

thanks for the replies, that was quick

well the question has a few different parts.

firstly

what ampage 3 phase breaker is needed to supply a
3 phase 5.8kw motor running on 415 volts with a power factor of 0.9
and 90% effficiency.
obviously i need this size before i can calculate my
reference method , thermal insulation, ambiant temp, grouping factors

i have my full calculation on a4 paper could i send it as an attachment for someone to look over

thanks

geecam

Sponsored Links
Hi Geecam, I am in a similar situation and would be very interested in looking at the project. Not sure I can answer all your questions, but would like to see the project from the point of view of someone else who is learning.
Also, are you the same Gee who is a second year student, living in Gosport? Sounds like I might know you.
Cheers, TraineeSpark.

no trainee im in glasgow. it is an adult trainee course the sjib that im doing

if you want me to sendit as an attachment just let me know

what is your email address? and ill scan them and send...
or is there some way of doing it through diynot? cause i cant find anything for attachments

geecam

geecam

Can you send me details of the sjib course you are doing

My email is in my profile

email address removed. these can be shown in your profile

Oh, I never realised you could set up a profile on this site (I'm not very observant.) I have now included my e-mail address in my profile Gee ( or at least I think I have.)
Cheers, TS.

Hi Gee, did you ever have any joy with scanning them college scripts? Never received them mate. Hope to hear soon :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back