Help Required please on removing patches

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone please help! My parents had their walls plastered in the living room approx 3 weeks ago - they painted the walls after 5 days as recommended by the plasterer. The paint used was Crown Solo but after 7 coast the patches would not cover up. After a few weeks my parents decided to have the wall replastered by another plasterer, again they painted it after a few days but the patches are still visible in the same place. My father has tried saning and repainting but still cannot get rid of the patches. Please can someone advise on the best way forward before they spend waste any more money! Many thanks

Sponsored Links
maby the plaster did not dry out in time? can i ask why you did not contact the first plasterer? and then why you went straight ahead got it replastered then painted in the same time again :rolleyes:

It might help if you said what type of patches they were?

Patches as in parts where you can see the plaster underneath still?

If so I also have this but I have only painted a mist coat over and cant see why 7 coats would not cover it?

Anyway hope someone more experienced can help

Sponsored Links
Try the decorating and painting forum......

Is this post serious??

7 coats of paint and then just got someone else to plaster it again? :eek:

As has already been said, why not get the original plasterer back, or just in fact ask the second plasterer about the patches rather than get them to re-skim a newly done wall??

If this post is correct, then your parents have no patience or far too much money. Therefore I would suggest that they knock the whole house down and start again from scratch :LOL:

Failing that, tell us what type of patches (I.e. dark patches, lumpy patches, etc, etc) and you might get a bit more guidance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back