help wiring a drayton didgistat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have just bought a the above stat to replace my old danfoss RMT230 the problem i have is my old stat has 3 wires a brown going to live or pin 1, blue going to neutral pin 2 and a green and yellow going to Rp paraellacc pin 4 . the new stat has 4 pins on ,off ,com,and n that says not required how do i wire the new stat up or is it just not compatible . thanks for any help in advance brett

Sponsored Links
You have a bit of dodgy wiring there.

Your brown should go to COM and the blue to ON. The Other cable should be safely terminated in a loose connector.

Please note that my suggestion above is ABSOLUTELY based upon your description of how the RMT230 was found. If you are NOT sure how the Danfoss unit was wired do not follow my instructions. Your Blue is not a neutral, don't let the colour confuse the issue.

Cable colours seem to mean nothing in plumbing, every fitter used to bodge their way through, Part P should help get some conformity.

For instance, your blue cable should have been sleeved brown, but there you go. And the Green yellow should not have been used in this application, or sleeved.[/i]

Sponsored Links
thanks simon your a gem just tryed it and and it works . if ever u have a problem with a car give me a shout and ill try and help you out

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back