Help Wiring a Honeywell digital thermostat - DT200

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry to post this in here, but posted it in the plumbing section by mistake!

Hi all,

I was hoping someone on here could give me some advice on replacing our relly old room thermostat, for a new Honeywell digital stat.

Here is the wiring for the old stat:

DSC05222.jpg

and here is our new stat connections:

DSC05224.jpg

Can you please tell me where the wires from the 1st pic (old stat) go into the new thermostat.

After reading a few posts on here, I believe that i need to connect the red to A, the blue just terminated or sleaved, and the yellow to C

Is this correct?

Many thanks in advance :D

Erran

P.s I do not know the make or model of the old stat as it has never had a cover since we moved in.

Sponsored Links
The old stat looks like a Satchwell, apart from the earth , there is live in , live out and neutral.
AFAIK
The blue is where the neutral is, as for the red and yellow they are not always right way round, but one will be live when the c/h clock is on that is your live in, the other is then L out

Similar on the new stat will be L in L out and neutral

Your new stat looks in on A but possibly,out on B, neutral sealed off unused ,Earth to the backbox if necc.
Please check the instructions

As said do not assume the red is live in , the old stat would have worked it would have just affected the little heater inside it

Does this help in anyway mate?

The DT200 is a Digital Thermostat which has the functions of a conventional thermostat along with room temperature display and setpoint enquiry. Two wire connection means it can be used to replace any existing thermostat - mechanical or digital.
Power Supply: 2 x AA (LR6) batteries (not supplied)
Temp Setting Range: 5C - 30C in 0.5 steps

Or how about the datasheet?

http://europe.hbc.honeywell.com/products/pdf/en0r8528uk07r0704.pdf

Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
Yes
I would say live in to A (possibly red)
live out to B (possibly yellow)
blue neutral not required

It seems to be just a pair switched through a relay inside, so maybe wont matter what is live in either A or B. but best to keep A as live in if possible
Always best to stick to drawing.
As said the red or the yellow could be the live ,I would use a volt tester between each to neutral, to see what one switches on and off from the c/h timer ,use that on A
If the old switch was right then by the position it will be the red one.

put the other on B, and seal off the blue

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back