Help with bath waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The outlet for the shallow trap I have for the bath waste is in line with the bath leg brackets. Is there something available to drop the trap lower or even a trap that has a lower outlet compared to the inlet?

I've attached a picture just in case the above makes little sense!

waste.jpg

Sponsored Links
I cant realy tell from your picture but you could swivel the trap 90*s and use waste fittings to run the pipe work where ever needed

Just get a low level bath trap from plumb centre

Use them all the time on the bath you have in that photo.

Ted

Sponsored Links
yep, although make sure you hoover the carpet before you put the bath panel on ;) :LOL: :LOL:

If the waste is going to stack then deeper traps should be used IIRC.

Correct. That original trap looks like it only has a 38mm depth trap seal, only a trap with a 75mm trap seal can go straight into a soil stack. The second trap looks to have a 50mm trap seal but cant tell from here. the 38mm and 50mm traps are OK if going into a hopper.

The depth of seal is from the top of that bend to the bottom of the discharge as indicated...

waste.jpg

waste2.jpg

Well Said and Thankyou ,Neds.... ;) Looks like a Hep V O with a 90 degree adapter would just clear the metal bar :idea: PS do you know why the Tower of Babel was never finished........ Because the bloody gas fitters got involved :rolleyes: Giving rise to the expression ARGI - Bargi:cool:

Depth of trap seal is more to do with soil/vent pipe arrangement - the Single Stack is pretty much universal now and required a 3" seal when it was introduced . It`s very likelyB`stard ised much over the years,in practice.and that`s why I recommend the hep valves ...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back