Here comes the sun !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
[url=http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20051121/mirrors_rattenberg_051121/20051121?hub=SciTech]LINK[/url] said:
RATTENBERG, Austria. The sun has stopped shining in Rattenberg, Austria. But with the aid of a few mirrors, the winter darkness that grips this small town could soon be brightened up with pockets of sunshine.

Ok so far, sounds pretty slick...

It's costly, however. The European Union is footing half the $2.4 million bill, and the company says it will pay the $600,000 cost of planning the project, gambling that success will attract more business

Oh, there we go then ... 'Bring me sunshine with your dosh, tosh.'

Sponsored Links
I don't get any sunshine here in wintertime, in fact I've noticed that people in the UK turn quite pale.

Could the EU taxpayer send me to the Southern Hemisphere for the winters please?

Ta.

But more seriously, surely this is going to ruin the character of the village? People move to such such villages for the novelty. It is probably a tourist trap, "the village with no winter sun!"

If people don't like it, they can move to somewhere that DOESN'T have a half-mile high hill in the way :eek: :confused:

What about those in the northernmost reaches of the EU who actually have no sunlight in winter, not just a big shadow? Why do they think that Sweden, a pleasant country full of friendly chaps, leggy blondes and affordable furniture, has such a high suicide rate?!

this method of light has been on the cards as a weapon for a long time mirrors in space somehow magnifying the suns rays onto a country not complying with your wishes

or a very large sun screen in space enabling the user to block the suns rays to the offending country and making them freeze etc

weird world

read about this a few years ago then it was the russians talking about putting mirrors up over siberia to warm the land up to allow better occupation of the area.
My concern at the time and still now is that we are only just beginning to understand how complex the weather system is and how life depends on a fine balance, we do not know for sure how warming up any more of the planet could upset this balance!

Sponsored Links
How do we get to weapons from mirrors shoved on a mountain reflecting about 10% (no doubt) of that which is claimed .. Anyway if the Brits take up snow sporting, apart from sniffing it, they'll soon rip it all asunder .. no messing. :D :D :D

Never mind all that !! We are stumping up the dosh again ! $1.2 M you can treble that then when all the fingers are into that juicey pie.
:LOL:

Back