high pressure in circuit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar CDi37, and the pressure is just over 3 bar. The PRV is open and dripping continually - not a huge surprise :cry: what happened was that I noticed that the system pressure had gone a little low (to about 0.7 bar) and I cracked open the circuit fill valve... the pressure rose a little, I closed the valve, and the pressure still rose!! I was pretty happy that it seemed to top out at just over 3, until I went outside and saw that there's water pretty steadily dripping out of the PRV. And now theres a repetitive noise in the system. Air maybe? So I've called the installer, because now its beyond a simple problem I think... however its Saturday, cold today, and the noise it bugging us! i'm thinking to drop the pressure in the system to bleed the rads, so off I went, turned off the boiler, then did the lot. No air in any, got water out of all - a few drips. No move on the pressure gague on the boiler at all. Then I took about a litre of water out of one rad. And stopped. So my question is : after draining out how much water should I see the pressure gauge move? And followup q: based on the above description should I leave well enough alone!
Help much appreciated. Cheers, Alan

Sponsored Links
Try draining some from with a hose on the radiator circuit, shouldnt need much to drop pressure but make sure the filling loop is 100% off and youll need to bleed rads after

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back