hit a water problem after diy repair help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi chaps urgent help needed my over flow was running all night as the neighbour informed me when i went in loft my ballcock was broken so i switched water off and replaced the ballcock but the wife was still using the water and emptied the tank.
after replacing the ballcock and filling the tank back up i now have no hot water anywhere in the home can anyone help me please? :( :( :( :(

Sponsored Links
does anyone have any idea how to get airlock out ?
cant get a bath till got hot water back on beggining to smell a little :LOL: :LOL:
thanks for that ;) ;)

Mixer tap im the house??? turn hot tap on cup hand tightly over spout and turn cold on it should push the air out , may take a few attempts

Sponsored Links
Do you have a mixer tap ? If you do, put the palm of your hand over the spout, then open the hot then slowly open the cold, it'll force the cold up the hot pipe, keep trying until it gets rid of the air.

Must try and get on a speed typing course ;)

tried every room and got no water in any room so if i do this in one room should the rest work too well logically is this what should happen :cry: :cry: :cry:

Yes - the airlock will quite likely be in one area of pipework only, and when it's shifted, it's shifted.

many thanks for that dextrous will give that a go got steam coming out of ears at minute need a shower to cool off once again thanks mate ;) ;) ;) ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back