Hive fitting to Vaillant Ecotec 837

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone have a photo of the wiring from a hive receiver to a Vaillant ecotec 837 (or similar) please? The boiler end is the bit I'm struggling with...
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Does the boiler already have a room thermostat wired in?
If not there’s a problem as you would need to access a part of the boiler that isn’t recommended for the likes of you and me.

Does the boiler already have a room thermostat wired in?
If not there’s a problem as you would need to access a part of the boiler that isn’t recommended for the likes of you and me.

Yep, it already has a wireless thermostat wired into it. But, looking at the Hive wiring diagram, I don't think it's a direct swap....

If you post a picture of the existing receiver and its wiring or a diagram of the connections someone will help. The required wiring will almost certainly already be available from the boiler end.
Is the Hive the single channel (heating only) model?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
It's a single channel Hive.

The existing one is a Delta Dore (?). Description is in French-
Bleu= Blue
Marron= brown
Noir= black
Gris= grey

Attachments

• 20171209_155956.jpg
    20171209_155956.jpg
    407.7 KB · Views: 1,560
  • 20171209_155917.jpg
    20171209_155917.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 927
OK Brown goes to Hive Live L
Blue to Neutral N
Black & Grey can go either way round into Hive 1 & 3.

The thermostat switching is operating on the low voltage section of the boiler which would be wrecked if any mains voltages were applied to Black or Grey.
That's why I asked if it was a single channel Hive (which is OK) and you should ignore any instructions in the manual that suggest linking Live to any of the other terminals..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back