Honeywell Smartfit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm looking to get a Honeywell Smartfit system fitted onto my existing floor standing Potterton Kingfisher boiler.

How can I tell if I have a S plan or a Y plan system?

The bolier is connected to a potterton miniminder timer and a sangamo dial timer too.

Which means I need to have both timers on & syncronised for the heating/hot water to come on!

I also have an a honeywell roomstat which doesn't seem to work very well.

I will post some pics tonight if that helps... Also any ideas how long will it take to fit to install the Honeywell Smartfit system.

Cheers

Freshy

Sponsored Links
I would advise agianst the smartfit system............its for people that cant wire central heating. it can also be costly if components fail.

Id just stick to standard components.

i wouldnt bother with it either....will probably cost more intially as well.

Hi,

I've had a look at the smartfit kit online and it seems to be selling for about £150. I'm not sure if that is expensive, but if it breaks down surely the replacement parts will cost thereabouts or less?

Anyway the reason why I am looking at Honey Smartfit is purely because it will link into my alarm system whereby I can control it remotely via phone/web.

Cheers

Freshy

Sponsored Links
if thats a big selling point for you then go ahead as nothing else on the market will do that.....didnt even know smartfit did to be honest. you have to ask if its really necessary or has mr jones next door got it? :D

just be aware ive never found smartfit to be smart or reliable.

I like the idea of being able to turn the heating on before i leave work and coming home to a warm house... Not the regular 9-5 job.

Ok I might have re-think this one as I don't like what I've been reading about smartfit not being so smart.

Any recommendations on alternativer? I want to change the Timers & Roomstat...

Still don't know why the system has two separate timers though (mini-timer & a sangamo dial timer) I take it I can replace them both with one.

p.s. I think the neighbours still use coal

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back