Honeywell - Voice controlled Connected Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone had any personal experience of the Honeywell Voice controlled Connected Thermostat? Model TH9320WF8004 which you can find details of here... http://www.honeywelluk.com/products...ostats/Voice-controlled-Connected-Thermostat/

I currently have Nest installed in a dual-zone system at home. I like Nest a lot and I was thinking of putting it into another property. Then I saw this and the idea of voice control sounded neat to me.

If I understand things correctly, this Honeywell thermostat seems to be a simpler beast to install... whereas Nest requires the thermostat on the wall plus a Heat Link that is situated next to the boiler... x2 if you have dual zone... I gather that the Honeywell just replaces the current thermostat(s) you have on the wall.

I'm certainly interested in it and the price looks rich, but no worse than Nest, and I'd be curious if anyone out there had experience of this and could either recommend going for it, or staying away?

Sponsored Links
I fail to see why voice control is useful on something that you have to get within touching distance of to operate anyway. If you've taken the trouble to go over to it, raise your hand and touch the screen

Voice control - for people with no arms

Sponsored Links
You don't, you can be some distance away. Bearing in mind its location, you could be sat on the sofa or in bed... then it's a lot more convenient.

Not only do you look a right bell end doing so,

It doesn't work very well.

It is connected to the internet anyway so you can use your tablet/smartphone. it is also quicker than voice controlling by the time you have repeated "hello thermostat" 15 times before it realises you are talking to it. Then persuaded it to do what it is told as well.

If you want to repeat yourself fruitlessly that many times I can lend you my wife for very reasonable fees.

Also, how many times do you tinker with your thermostat? Correctly set, you should have to play with it at all.

The more you play with the heating the more money you waste.

Sounds like I DEFINITELY need one of these. I can shout "WORK YOU EFFING BAST*RD BOILER AND STOP COSTING ME MONEY YOU EFFN TART!" ...and then viola!!! The effin thing will work!

Happy days. ;)

A

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back