hot pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I've had a new boiler installed and had noise from the pump so they replaced it. The next day there was a loud humming noise from the new pump which has now gone and all is quiet. However, I'm worried that the pipework and pump situated in the airing cupboard next to the boiler are very hot, and the radiators, although warm, don't seem to heat up like they did. Is the pump not working fully?
I'm reluctant to call back the plumbers as i had a lot of problems with them. How hot should the pump get?

cheers

Sponsored Links
as water from boiler can get up to about 80degC the pump can get pretty hot as that boiler water runs through it.

HI

if the pump is really really hot and radiators warm then water might not be circulating properly.check pump speed,bleed all rads,check that all rad valves are open,check pump valves and other valves in the airing cupboard are open.

FED UP OF COWBOYS ? TRY INDIANS

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back