HOT WATER IN C/H EXPANSION TANK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI CAN YOU HELP-

I HAVE A WORCESTER R29 HE CONVENTIONAL CONDENSING BOILER, IT WORKS FINE EXCEPT THAT RECENTLY THE OVERFLOW RUNS WATER FOR A FEW MINUTES WHEN THE C/HEATING HAS BEEN ON FOR FOR A WHILE. I HAVE ESTABLISHED THAT THE F+E TANK FOR THE C/H IS BEING FED WITH HOT WATER ALONG THE 15MM FEED PIPE ?

THE WATER LEVEL IN THE TANK WAS A GOOD 3 TO 4 INCHES BELOW THE OVERFLOW OUTLET SO IT HAS BEEN FED WITH A FAIR BIT OF HOT WATER.

THE F+E PIPES ARE CONNECTED TO THE FLOW BEFORE THE PUMP - ABOUT 12" BEF0RE IT TO BE EXACT. THE 22MM EXPANSION PIPE IS RIGHT NEXT TO THE 15MM FEED PIPE BUT THIS PIPE GETS BARELY WARM WHEREAS THE FEED PIPE GETS RED HOT....I HAVE DRAINED THE SYSTEM AND CHECKED THIS INTERSECTION FOR A BLOCKAGE BUT IT IS CLEAR.

AS FAR AS I CAN SEE THE SYSTEM IS AIR FREE.
THE PUMP IS 2 SPEED SET TO 2.
RADIATORS GET NICE AND HOT.
HOT WATER FINE.
ROOM STAT ONLY SET TO REASONABLE LEVEL.

ANY IDEAS OR SUGGESTIONS.....!!!!!

Sponsored Links
for some reason it takes alot of effort to take something in when its all in CAPITALS!!

what is the water level in the tank when the system is cold? - should be about 1/4 of capacity of tank max, but this figure is system dependant.

Sponsored Links
Hi, the tank is about 2/3 full.........i may try adjusting the ballcock a few inches to see if this helps

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back