Hot water issues with Vaillant EcoTec Pro 28 combi boiler

It's the hose, left of boiler inside, they do become partially blocked. A flush isn't required at all, although they may know that this is blocking and are using the BG get out. Have this changed and the canoe filter checked first before considering a flush.

Having gone a week without hot water and heating I decided last week to proceed with the BG powerflush. They arrived onsite this morning, but realised that some of the sub floor flow / return pipework for the boiler is most likely plastic piping with push fit connectors (he can't see this for sure but assumes it is based on the movement of the copper pipes connected to the boiler) so therefore wont perform the flush due to concerns that these fittings wont be able to withstand the flush pressure during the operation.

Can anyone advise if these push / compression connections would be able to withstand power flush pressure as I fear at this stage that unless I can flush the system (most likely by an independent contractor) I'm going to have ongoing heating and/or hot water problems with heat exchangers becoming blocked etc.

Thank you in advance.

Sponsored Links
There'll be less pressure in the system during a power flush than there is under normal operation.

Dont you just love bg.i agree will be pipes or filters bg will now be tring to break contract as there keep replacing parts till you eventually get it working method has failed. Get some one else or vailient themselves. Stop paying bg put the mone in bank and get some intrest off while waiting gor next problem , if you dont have any you will have enough for a new boiler when you need one. All the sensors can be tested with a multi meter do no need to change , flst plate heat exchanger can be checked with temp probes (clamps), pump can be checked with multi meter and by removing pump head. Fan can be checked and tested electrically so no need for all those parts.At worst if he drained down to clean flat plate he could of cleaned and checked every thing ealse at same time.www.deminstallations.com

I have a Eco Tec Pro 28 boiler - it's about 5 years old.

A couple of weeks back we started having issues with the hot water supply from the boiler - when the hot tap is opened we get hot water as expected but within 1-2 minutes the temperature starts to drop off and then starts running cold. If I turn off the hot water and then turn it back on again the same thing happens. The central heating is working 100% fine - no issues at all.

I have a British gas service contract and they've recently made 2 visits to try to sort out the problem. The engineer initially thought that the system was full of 'gunk' and cleaned some of the internal workings such as the plate heat exchanger. This made no difference. They've since replaced the exchanger on the assumption that it's performance was being impacted by the 'gunk' in the system, but again this hasn't resolved the issue. They recommended that we fit a magna-booster filter, which I have for a cost of £280, and are also talking about the problem potentially being with the main heat exchanger, however this seems unlikely given that the heating is working fine. They've also recommended a Power Flush, which I may consider in the future as a means of basic hygiene for the system but I can't see how this will resolve the issue at hand.

Has anyone got any thoughts on what the issue could be? Apparently the sensors were recently replaced on the boiler too so between all the servicing and part replacement recently the kit should be almost as good as new.

Thanks

derekocon - did you ever work out the problem with your boiler? I have the same model and same problem as you had last year. Heating fine, hot water goes cold after a few minutes. Constantly goes hot and cold. Yellow centre indicator goes on and off, which seems to indicate that the burner ignition goes on and off. Green warmstart indicator also goes on and off.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
That is usually just a blocked plate heat exchanger!

All because the system was not cleaned properly when the boiler was fitted.

Or possibly because the filling valves have been left open!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back