Hotpoint quarius 1200 de luxe 9549 - identify part please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

sister's got the above machine & said it won't spin with clothes in, but will spin without a load in. I thought it was the motor brushes, so replaced them. Now her fella's told me differently.....

When you start a wash & the drum fills, that's when it should slowly turn. You hear a click but it won't rotate. (It still spins without load though, with the new brushes in)

Can I ask.......what is the small white plastic assembly positioned above the motor's shaft? It looks like it's sitting on the shaft & belt. Should it be sitting 1/2 on the belt & 1/2 on the shaft? because it is.

Cheers,

Julian

Sponsored Links
sounds like you mean the pecker, look here

it has noting to do with spin, regretfully it sounds like the motor (i too would have changed brushes first)

Sponsored Links
The old GEC type motor is now obsolete but there are still some replacement armatures available which may enable this elderly machine to be repaired cost effectively.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back