Hotpoint WD420 Error - lights 1 + 3

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

My hotpoint WD420 goes into an error mode on pumping out. It fills ok, turns ok and actually pumps out ok but goes into the error mode when pumping out.

Lights 1 + 3 (from top to bottom) flash along with the LED above the power button. I've read a few forums and people seem to have a few different ideas (vacuum switch not sensing), thermostat etc.

I phoned hotpoint and they said it was a computer fault and to leave teh unit powered off for 30 mins and turn back on. This didn't solve anything.

When the machine was a few months old a hotpoint engineer had to reflash the processor to solve a fault then.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
This fault was pressure sensor error. The error being that the connector to the main board (hidden behind a cover had come off.)

If you get this fault have a look at the back of the machine, bottom left corner (as you look from the back), pull the plastic card thing out of the way and look at the board underneath.
There could be a connector off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back