HOTPOINT WF430 washing machine won't fill with water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi!
My washing machine keeps getting stuck. It won't fill with water and the prewash light flashes! I have checked hoses and blown down the pressure switch pipe but still won't fill. Also turned it off for about 10 mins but still not working. Any ideas or should I buy a new pressure switch?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Does it fill on the rinse prog. If so you have a open circuit valve.

Hi Rocks1

Thanks no it doesn't fill on rinse!

I have cleaned out all hoses and blew down the pressure switch tube but no change.

When I turn it on it starts to fill through drawer and then just stops.

Think I will try a new pressure switch!

Sponsored Links
Hi Rocks1

I am a bit of a novice when it comes to fixing washing machines so any help greatly appreciated.

Doyou think it would more likely be the cold water valve? Anyway to tell? There is both hot and cold water coming through to the three water valve hoses (two cold one one hot). As I took top off and felt the hoses when turned on!

Another funny thing happened earlier on in the day I turned our dishwasher on and it had just started and it suddenly stopped but I was able to turn it off leave it and turn it back on and worked!

But u said it don't fill on rinse how come you can feel water coming though the pipes. Put it on wash and it should fill twice in less than 4 mins. That means prewash fills then takes soap down. Does this happen ?? When put on rinse prog if no water enters the tray then the valve is open curcuit. Test the valves with a continuity tester.

Sorry Rocks1 I am not very good at this

It takes some water into the drawer which enters the drum but not very much and then stops. The prewash light then flashes.

Then one of the valves are open curcuit, test them there's only 3 of them. There at the back where the hoses are.

Sorry rocks just reread when on wash water comes into drawer once and then stops. On a rinse only no water enters the drawer.

Thanks Rocks1 I am probably doing your head in!

How do I tell which one is the Rinse valve?

Thanks I don't have a continuity tester. Will it be a cold water valve. The cold water valve when you buy them come as a two way cold water inlet valve.

Thank you so much Rocks1 for your patience and help!

Will buy a cold water valve tomorrow! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back