Hotpoint WF541G mini load flashing light - please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, I have a Hotpoint Wf541G washing machine. I have an issue with the screw off drain /filter plug jammed with coins and hairclips and kept on getting the reduce crease light flashing along with a rapid flashing on/off button. Anyway, got this sorted by removing the assembly of the drain unit and clearing blockage. However when I turned machine on again a new problem occurred.

No I have the mini load flashing with the rapid flashing on/off button as well a the sound of a constant drain. I have done a few searches and common message seems to be pcb.

However, I tried switching the machine off and on at the mains then putting it straight onto a wash. Hey presto it worked. Load washed.

Thing is, as soon as the wash was finished flashing lights again. Mini load and on/off????

I'm totally confused and would appreciate any help or advice.

Thanks

David

Sponsored Links
Cheers rocks for the swift reply. Would the machine still wash with worn brushes?

Yes if there very worn. Also clean the commutator with a cotton bud

Sponsored Links
I'll have a go at that tomorrow. Excuse my ignorance but is a commutator ? Is it part of the motor?

Yes it's the brass contacts that the brushes run on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back