Hotpoint WF560 Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Tried this on ukwhitegoods forums but thought I would throw it out here to, to you knowledgable lot.

I've got a Hotpoint Aquarius WF560 1600 Spin washing machine.

Problem is it won't lock the door to start the washing cycle, it will just sit there with the power light on. Been having a read about and some fingers are pointing to the door interlock switch.

If you bypass this switch ( Open it up and manually work the contact with an insulated screwdriver - care anyone else that does this it's 240V) the machine the door lock light illuminates and the cycle starts. Grand, I thought, It's the switch, although I swapped that out with a new unit today and nothing ( same behaviour)

Anyone else had a similar issue to this? Someone else has mentioned that it may be the PCB that is not sending the signal to the interlock to lock the door.

I don't really want to start swapping out more components, so if anyone has had a similar experience and solved it I would be very greatful for any advice!

Thanks all

Sponsored Links
Hi, thanks for the response.

No the latch works as normal. Close the door and it clicks into place, just doesn't lock.

Must be the switch not being actuated by the door lock mechanism. If the washer runs fine if you operate it manually then its nowt electrical or PCB related.

I had a dodgy microswitch on an old washer, just linked it out. Until children came along, then replaced it....

Sponsored Links
You will probably find a burnt copper strip on the main circuit board in the bottom of the machine. If you have the tools / skill you can solder in a piece of wire to replace the burnt bit. The door switches often go short circuit when they fail and cause such damage to the board.

You will probably find a burnt copper strip on the main circuit board in the bottom of the machine. If you have the tools / skill you can solder in a piece of wire to replace the burnt bit. The door switches often go short circuit when they fail and cause such damage to the board.

10 points to you, Sir.

Thanks for all the responses so far.

I pulled the board last night, on first look the damage was apparent.

3_zps1fe3e078.jpg

Cleaned up the burned contacts with some isopropyl alcohol but apart from this ( which hasn't burned all the way through)

1-1_zpsbb28e8a0.jpg

So I spent some time going through it all with a magnifying glass, there was no other track damage.

I tested for continuity on those nearby connectors and tracks. and none showed an open circuit.

Finally I noticed this

2-2_zpsa4a08f83.jpg

( right side of the 2 ) from what I make out some sort of surface mount resistor which shows no continuity at all ( all others do)

So I am guessing I need a new board.[/img]

Just to update - bought a new circuit board from EMW and all sorted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back