Hotpoint WT540 problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there,

After browsing through other peoples problems with similar machines, I cannot seem to fix mine.

The machine stops mid way through a cycle and the 2nd and 4th light flash.
The machine will do a fast spin when set to do that only but will not do a full cycle.

I have looked at the error codes and.. f05 lights 2&4, pressure sw stuck on full

I have cleaned the filter, cleaned the waste pipe as much as I can, taken off and cleaned the sump, blown into the pressure switch to see if it clicks(it does) and I have run out of ideas.

Any thing I have missed or that i can try?

Regards

Sponsored Links
Look inside the pump ie hair band / rubber band wrapped round the impeller , and colour catchers in the sump. When you fill it up does the water pump out fast Or very slowly.

I have checked the pump and its clean. I believe the water pumps in fine, as in it doesnt seem any different to when it was working.

Anything else?

Fill it up then put it on drain how fast does it come out of the waste pipe ?

Sponsored Links
It comes out fairly fast and constant. enough power to shoot the water 6 inches out of the waste pipe from horizontal.

Does it stop after the rinse program does the heater work does the waste connect to sink spigot or down pipe.

I just put it on a fast cycle, it got all the way to wash, rinse and spin, and final spin were lit before it cut out with the error. There were still bubbles in the drum though when it stopped and there was still water in the machine as I pumped it out to see how fast the water came out. The waste goes into the u-bend under the sink and is attached by a jubilee clip to a nozzle like piece of plastic. I believe the heater works but I never really heat the water, normally just use 30 degree washes but i guess this uses the heater a little. The error lights shown are reduced creases and mini load which if going from top to bottom, are lights 2 and 4.

Right. You got one of 2 problems sink spigot under the sink is blocked or a lazy pump.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back