How can i stop bath shower screen leaking?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,I have a shower screen on a bath that leaks,it's the sort that pivots and I think it's leaking near the corner of the pivot.
The seal also looks grotty, they seem to harden and stop working.
I'm wondering if the answer is to just silicone the whole edge as I can't see the need for it to pivot anyway?

Sponsored Links
They mostly leak to some degree at the point where it sits on the bath. Ive not come across one with a seal as such. it’s meant to be siliconed , but due to the cheap nasty nature of them they move and break the seal. clean the old stuff off and silicone the bottom.

They mostly leak to some degree at the point where it sits on the bath. Ive not come across one with a seal as such. it’s meant to be siliconed , but due to the cheap nasty nature of them they move and break the seal. clean the old stuff off and silicone the bottom.
All those that pivot have seals .

Sponsored Links
Hi,I have a shower screen on a bath that leaks,it's the sort that pivots and I think it's leaking near the corner of the pivot.
The seal also looks grotty, they seem to harden and stop working.
I'm wondering if the answer is to just silicone the whole edge as I can't see the need for it to pivot anyway?
can we see a picture?

The manufacturer's instructions usually state that only the outside of the hinge channel of these pivoting screens should be siliconed. If any water gets into the channel, it should be free to drain back into the bath.
Additionally, if the screen was installed at the same time as the bath, often the bath isn't fully siliconed in first; if any water gets into the channel, there's a chance that it could leak out behind the bath causing hidden damage.

As above, renewing the screen seal is a good idea, but I would also check the state of the silicone around the channel - removing the screen from the channel should help.

...and I use the pivoting screen, as it allows me to easily clean the bath without getting in it! :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back