How come whenever i post a NEW topic it doesn't show?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How come whenever i post a NEW topic it doesn't show up as a new topic yet people see it and respond to it?
I have posted topics on
Gloworm swiftflow 80
Gloworm compact 80
Vokera 80 and
Ideal mini
but the only one i can see is the Ideal mini one?
Am i not clicking on the right icon or something?

+++++++++++++++++
Moderator's Note:I can see all of these (below). Is one of them the one you're worried about?

If you click on "Plumbing and Central Heating" can't you see them?

Have you put up any posts with your company name or website in, or any that might be considered advertising, or abusive, or spam?

Mod Rupert
+++++++++++++++++

Topic: Gloworm swiftflow 75 problem today

Jezzy

Replies: 13
Views: 112
Forum: Plumbing and Central Heating Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:47 pm Post Subject: Gloworm swiftflow 75 problem today
You see. . . all you really need is a big hammer!
Topic: How come whenever i post a NEW topic it doesn't show?

Jezzy

Replies: 0
Views: 4
Forum: Plumbing and Central Heating Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:44 pm Post Subject: How come whenever i post a NEW topic it doesn't show?
How come whenever i post a NEW topic it doesn't show up as a new topic yet people see it and respond to it?
I have posted topics on
Gloworm swiftflow 80
Gloworm compact 80
Vokera 80 and
Ideal m ...
Topic: Halstead Quattro Gold

Jezzy

Replies: 3
Views: 29
Forum: Plumbing and Central Heating Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:39 pm Post Subject: Halstead Quattro Gold
what is the pressure gauge reading? Some boilers won't work at all if there is less than 0.7bar on the gauge.
Topic: Gloworm Swiftflow 80 manual required.

Jezzy

Replies: 0
Views: 7
Forum: Plumbing and Central Heating Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:34 pm Post Subject: Gloworm Swiftflow 80 manual required.
I don't suppose anyone has one that they could email to me please?
I must have over 500 manuals in pdf format that i bought off of ebay but this one isn't on either of the 2 cds and its one i need.
Topic: Gloworm Compact 80e problem

Jezzy

Replies: 23
Views: 211
Forum: Plumbing and Central Heating Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:58 pm Post Subject: Gloworm Compact 80e problem
Do you live in wakefield strachan? I may know you if i saw you. I was trained by Jeff White and was mainly with Victor whilst at the Gas Care Centre.

Jezzy

Forum: Plumbing and Central Heating Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:55 pm Post Subject: Gloworm Compact 80e problem
i did email you - this morning i think before i went to work. when i got there i was told to get a fan and replace it which i did and as mentioned, it still isn't working. Water is inside the boiler n ...

Jezzy

Forum: Plumbing and Central Heating Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:33 pm Post Subject: Gloworm Compact 80e problem
Jezzy, WRT the Vokera, why do you think the fan is faulty? Have you taken voltage readings? Have you looked at the wiring diagram and concluded correctly that the fan indeed is defective?
mainly bec ...

Jezzy

Forum: Plumbing and Central Heating Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:54 pm Post Subject: Gloworm swiftflow 75 problem today
Sorted now. I thought it was the valve because i had stripped it all down and blasted the pilot injector with air. I was fitting meters a month ago and last night i thought to myself that it might be ...

Jezzy

Forum: Plumbing and Central Heating Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:41 am Post Subject: Gloworm Compact 80e problem
I'm ACS qualified and using the companies corgi 175504. I can set burner pressures but you can't set it if the pilot won't stay lit. Still learning though - i think i always will be. Every appliance i ...

Jezzy

Forum: Plumbing and Central Heating Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:35 am Post Subject: Gloworm swiftflow 75 problem today
took the nuts off the bottom of the pilot injector and TC and took the whole burner out and blew down it with dust air and i then took the weep tube out of the gas valve and blew down that also from b ...

Jezzy

Forum: Plumbing and Central Heating Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:18 pm Post Subject: Gloworm swiftflow 75 problem today
Here's todays problem for you all. pilot won't light high enough to even touch the TC and slowly diminishes whilst your still holding the knob in to lower than the level of the pronged thingy where th ...

Jezzy

Forum: Plumbing and Central Heating Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:59 am Post Subject: Gloworm Compact 80e problem
Be aware these boilers use an unusual gas valve - check the max and min burner pressure on both DHW and heating - they often go off spec (higher).
How can i check the min and max settings when its fi ...

Jezzy

Forum: Plumbing and Central Heating Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:51 am Post Subject: Gloworm Compact 80e problem
Thanks for replies, they will give me something to go at.
Got a running 80sp fan in the garage you can have for nowt if you`re near wakefield? Thanks for that Strachan, i'm at Agbrigg - but not one o ...

Jezzy

Forum: Plumbing and Central Heating Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:20 pm Post Subject: Gloworm Compact 80e problem
Anyway, on another thread, i also went to a vokera 80sp today that won't fire up at all. When i took the covers off there was everything in there but the actual bird (it was like a nest). After i clea ...

Jezzy

Forum: Plumbing and Central Heating Posted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:11 pm Post Subject: Gloworm Compact 80e problem
Yes i know where the DHW heat exchanger is and what it looks like and does but with you saying it was the first to get crudded up it confused me as i thought that the main heat exchanger would crud up ...

Sponsored Links
So whats the problem with you boiler. I didnt quiet get it
Why dont you PM a moderator

was hoping a moderator would read it and give me an answer?

++++++++
Moderator's note:

I did and I did. Look above.

Quote: If you click on "Plumbing and Central Heating" can't you see them?

Have you put up any posts with your company name or website in, or any that might be considered advertising, or abusive, or spam?

Try //www.diynot.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=7

If you look at "New Posts" (i.e. ones you haven't seen before) you will of course not see your own, because you have seen them before, when you created them. They will appear in your New Posts when someone replies.

Mod Rupert
+++++++++

No e-maill jezzy. Just got back from that call out. Click on my name on the main forum page and it`ll bring up my e-mail address.

+++++++++
Jezzy look above.

M R
++++++++++

Sponsored Links
when i am looking at the new posts, the last one is about a halstead boiler sent today and the one below that is my ideal mini one. Where are all the ones above?
ie gloworm, vokera etc.
As mentioned, i am getting the replies but the new topics are not on the main screen so if other people are seeing what i'm seeing they won't be able to access this information as the link isn't there to click on.
Also can you make it so the links are searchable? ie if i ONLY wanted to read past links about vokera boilers, or with vokera in the string and filter only these instead of having to trawl through the whole lot as there are quite a lot of them.

++++++++++
Other people see "New Posts" which are posts they haven't read before.

this includes yours if they haven't read them.

It doesn't show posts you've already read until someone adds a new post to the thread.Also try
icon_mini_search.gif
Search and enter "Vokera" where it says "Search for Keywords:"

M R
++++++++++

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back