How do I remove my Honeywell ST9100S thermostat dial to replace with Hive receiver

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm wanting to replace my Honeywell timer/clock with the Hive single receiver and completely remove the dial thermostat but not sure what to do with the wires from the stat.
Here are the pictures of the setup..
PXL_20210226_132226585.jpg
PXL_20210226_131630313.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
1&3 on thermostat get joined together and insulated and the Earth gets safely terminated and tucked away
1&4 on timeswitch to 1&3 in Hive single channel
L&N to L&N and Earth to Earth thether on the Hive

Thanks ianmcd, will this be okay as a permanent solution then if safely insulated and tucked away?

Thanks ianmcd, will this be okay as a permanent solution then if safely insulated and tucked away?
yes as long as it is safely isolated, ideal way would be to trace the two wires and remove them and insert a link , but sorry cant guide as to where that will be without seeing it

Sponsored Links
Well the wires run under my stairs then into a wire track in my kitchen, but from there ‍♂️
Thanks for the advice anyway.

Well the wires run under my stairs then into a wire track in my kitchen, but from there ‍♂️
Thanks for the advice anyway.
very common to do it the first way, if the stat is fitted onto a pattress box just buy a blanking plate

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back