How should I fix this ceiling?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There was a hole in this ceiling, which was fixed with a square of board, mesh tape and then plastered over with the pink plaster (is that bonding?) when it was painted after the repair, some of the plaster and paint bubbled up and I had to scrape it off. I’m guessing the ceiling originally maybe wasn’t primed or mist coated before being painted. How should I go about fixing this? I have toupret and easifill

Edit: see below for pics

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

Attachments

• 107FFF08-272F-4FE2-9221-47B77174FA09.jpeg
    107FFF08-272F-4FE2-9221-47B77174FA09.jpeg
    183.5 KB · Views: 141
  • CE39DC86-D4C9-485B-B363-E2E71CBBD670.jpeg
    CE39DC86-D4C9-485B-B363-E2E71CBBD670.jpeg
    179.1 KB · Views: 141
Looks like none of it was sealed before skimming it in. you’ll have to scrape back anything that’s loose, including paint and plaster. I’d skim it over with toupret and sand it back .

Sponsored Links
Looks like none of it was sealed before skimming it in. you’ll have to scrape back anything that’s loose, including paint and plaster. I’d skim it over with toupret and sand it back .
Do I need to seal it or anything before applying toupret?

The ceiling also has a crack all the way across (2.6m) down a plasterboard joint. I just noticed the joint moves if I push it like maybe it doesn’t have tape. What could I do to fix it?

rake directly over the crack with a screwdriver into a v along its length . and confirm its taped.
reinforce it with some pb screws into the joist and fill it the same .
If it isn’t taped come back.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back