How to deal with a outside blocked drain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I have an outside drain which takes the kitchen sin and washing machine waste which has got blocked for the third time in four year. On two previous occasions I have got a company to come and unblock it and they have had to use a high pressure water spray. I am looking to find a permanent solution to this problem. My property is in Hatfiled and I am looking for a reputable company that will come out and quote me to fix the problem. Dynorod wants £295 to stick a CCTV camera down there. Is this really the most cost effective way to do things. Are there good reliable companies who dont charge so much just to diagnose the problem?

Thanks

Raj

Sponsored Links
does anybody pour cooking fat down the sink?

Sponsored Links
I apologise for the error will read the forum rules

I am looking for someone to rectify the problem permanently. If i get it cleared only it will happen again as this is the third time in four years.

does anybody pour cooking fat down the sink?

Hi yes im sure they do, this property has been rented on and off and im sure they are not careful with what they put down the sink.

cooking fat poured down a drain will cause a blockage. The cure is to stop doing it.

To cure a problem, you need to know the cause. It sounds like the tennants are the cause so you either:

a. educate them
b. put a clause in the tennancy agreement that they are responsible for any blockages beyond what is caused by reasonable use.

£120 to unblock or £220 to unblock with look and see CCTV report.

Tell tenants any further blockages are chargeable to them.

Andy

The style of cooking is the worst cause of oil based blockages. I find Chinese to be the worst.

Most tenancy agreements make it the tenant's responsibility but so is light bulb changing and few do that either.

If the waste is flowing over the lawn then the tenants are not bothered!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back