How to fix opening crack in ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

On the first floor of my terraced house, the front part protrudes from the front facade and instead of tiles above, it has a flat roof. Taken this image from Google Maps.
3b6c5e3f-fb93-4d8a-b7f9-1c59685d70f0
upload_2021-2-18_7-18-9.png
Now this part of the ceiling has been suffering from condensation leading to a light mould growth. There is also a crack in the paint work, with the paint work kinda not adhering to the wood above and peeling from it (just at those cracked locations).
20210118_110002.jpg 20210118_105828.jpg
I want to fix this peeling and repaint with an anti condensation paint. "Coo-Var Anti condensation paint"

But before I do that, I need to fix this peeling paint. I've looked at this tape https://www.toolstation.com/gyproc-fibatape-xtreme-plasterboard-joint-tape/p58759 which looks like it can hold the paint in place and close the gap. I was then thinking of using some polyfilla to smoothen it out and then use the CooVar paint.

Can someone advise if this is ok? if not, what is the right way to seal that peeling paint and prevent further condensation.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back