How to repair sealant on external uPVC window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Not sure what the material is, but this clear sealant on the external side of our uPVC windows is deteriorating (see pictures).

Does anyone know a product I can use to replace it please?

Cheers

Attachments

• PXL_20231005_081739906.jpg
    PXL_20231005_081739906.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 48
  • PXL_20231005_081736792.jpg
    PXL_20231005_081736792.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 47
Sponsored Links
It is silicone, used to cover that gap between the round bay pole and the bay pole adapter, belt and braces stuff, clean the pvc down with some solvent cleaner and reapply a bead of white or clear silicone, be sure to use a low modulus neutral cure though as I suspect a high mod acetoxy cure was used, it doesn't stick well and peels off like string once it detaches

Sponsored Links
It is silicone, used to cover that gap between the round bay pole and the bay pole adapter, belt and braces stuff, clean the pvc down with some solvent cleaner and reapply a bead of white or clear silicone, be sure to use a low modulus neutral cure though as I suspect a high mod acetoxy cure was used, it doesn't stick well and peels off like string once it detaches
Thanks v much that's really clear. I'll check which of the silicones are most appropriate in terms of cure.

@foxhole - see above

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back