How to replace a wifi thermostat (Flomasta -> Sealus)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I would like to replace my wifi thermostats but am unsure of rewiring, could someone assist please?
Currently I have a Flomasta wifi thermostat for heating, sitting atop a honeywell controller (hot water/heating). I would like to replace the Flomasta with the Sealus RT510TX i purchased online.

This is the current wiring on the Flomasta, wire is coming from the Honeywell, Live has been disconnected from L connection and is in midair.

F3tXc9P.jpg

This I believe is the schematic for the Flomasta:

CQEZxGF.jpg

And this is the schematic for the New Sealus:

C1SZquy.jpg

Am I right in assuming this is how I should connect my new Sealus? Basically Live connected to L & shorted to Com, Neutral to N and remaining wire to NO?

veA5XAp.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Your pics do not work.

Copy and paste pics into your thread.

I've posted your pictures for you.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

As you have determined where the free wire came from, it is simply a matter of moving the wires including the 'link' from the Flomaster terminals to the Salus terminals that have exactly the same function. So:

Flowmaster N = Salus N
Flowmaster L = Salus L
Flowmaster 1 Com = Salus Com
Flowmaster 2 Call for Heat = Salus NO

The Flowmaster terminals '1' & '2' are just a simple on/off switch, as are the Salus 'Com' and NO' so can be connected either way around. At the moment the wires in the flow master 1 & 2 are strictly speaking the wrong way around, it doesn't really matter, but personally I would reverse them so that 'Com' is linked to 'L' then it's as per the Salus drawing.

According to the links that you posted, the Flomaster is a Programmable thermostat (ie provides time and temperature control) and the Salus appears to be just a thermostat. (temperature control only) However, you say that you have a separate Honeywell programmer to control the on / off times for the central heating. If so, then a problem may occur if the live supply to the room thermostat comes from the Honeywell. I'm guessing now that the Honeywell central heating is set to be on 24/7 and you use the flowmaster to provide time and temperature control for the central heating. If you wish to start using the Honeywell to control the on/off times and the Salus for just the temperature, you may find that when the Honeywell switches off the heating, power is lost to the Salus receiver. Whilst it may work OK, generally receivers are designed to be permanently powered, not intermittently powered.

Edit
I see you managed to sort the pictures yourself now (y)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I've posted your pictures for you.

So first of all where has the loose wire come from? Based on the fact that there doesn't seem to be live supply connected, I would expect it was in terminal L (or 2 as it is linked to L) which is what you have shown in your sketch. Personally I would have used the brown wire which has been cut off for the live supply, but hey that's just me.

Correct, it was in terminal L, as I pulled it off the wall it got disconnected, so I took a pic before I connected it back up to L

Once you have determined where the free wire came from, it is simply a matter of moving the wires including the 'link' from the Flomaster terminals to the Salus terminals that have exactly the same function. So:

Flowmaster N = Salus N
Flowmaster L = Salus L
Flowmaster 1 Com = Salus Com
Flowmaster 2 Call for Heat = Salus NO

The Flowmaster terminals '1' & '2' are just a simple on/off switch, as are the Salus 'Com' and NO' so can be connected either way around. At the moment the wires in the flow master 1 & 2 are strictly speaking the wrong way around, it doesn't really matter, but personally I would reverse them so that 'Com' is linked to 'L' then it's as per the Salus drawing.

Yes this is what had confused me, I noticed the wrong way round to the schematic too, and figured it possibly did not matter which way round they were connected to 1/2 terminals.

According to the links that you posted, the Flomaster is a Programmable thermostat (ie provides time and temperature control) and the Salus appears to be just a thermostat. (temperature control only)

No, they are both programmable thermostats, by what I can see the underlying software is pretty much the same - set the time, set 6 heat cycles throught the day.

However, you say that you have a separate Honeywell programmer to control the on / off times for the central heating. If so, then a problem may occur if the live supply to the room thermostat comes from the Honeywell. I'm guessing now that the Honeywell central heating is set to be on 24/7 and you use the flowmaster to provide time and temperature control for the central heating

Yup exactly, I suppose the previous electrician wired it in this way as it leaves the ability to use the honeywell to control heating cycles for the water tank - had it been removed this would not have been possible.

If you wish to start using the Honeywell to control the on/off times and the Salus for just the temperature, you may find that when the Honeywell switches off the heating, power is lost to the Salus receiver.

I figured this out with the Flomasta - I keep the honeywell heating on the ON position, and use the water heating schedule as per normal. This then gives continuous power to Flomasta which has its own schedule for radiators.

Whilst it may work OK, generally receivers are designed to be permanently powered, not intermittently powered.
Note, I do not use the honeywell schedule on the radiator side so its permanently giving power to the thermostat. Additionally, both stats have the on/off button which in essence cuts power completely from the stat, the same as me switching honeywell from "on" to "off" for radiators. I understand it may not be ideal but flomasta has worked this way last 5 years or so.

Thank you for your quick response.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update, then you are good to go. I think the link to the Salus that you posted ie......

Capture.JPG

is pointing to the wrong device, this isn't a programmable thermostat. But if you are going to install a programmable device instead then all is well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back