Hudson-Reed Warranty - Look Out!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Installers and DIY Heroes - Please be aware of the small-print in the Hudson-Reed ten-year warranty.

A client has a H-R shower valve (bleeding expensive one at that) and the handle sheared-off. The drilling and tapping of the spindle to accept the machine screw for the handle had weakened the shaft and it sheared at the base of the tapping.

Called H-R (who, to their great credit, answered immediately) - they explained that the warranty did not cover service parts and that it covered manufacturing defects only. Surely this is a manufacturing defect? Apparently not. I asked what the ten-year warranty did cover - and found out that the warranty only covers the surface finish from manufacturing defects. Everything else gets the minimum allowed by law - twelve months. This tells you what they think of their own product quality.

Nearly every other manufacturer gives five years warranty with no quibble - except Hudson Reed and the Ultra group.

These are not cheap products and should have better warranty cover than this. Please be aware of this when you are purchasing brassware.

Sponsored Links
Everything else gets the minimum allowed by law - twelve months.

They all say its a year but I'm sure I read an article somewhere that retailers have to follow europian law which is 2years
scrap that did a quick google and it seems that a customer has a right of redress from the retailer under "the sale of goods act" for up to 6 years against faulty goods
heres link that may help sale of goods act

Matt

40 years and Iv'e never heard of them, they sound like shysters to me, 12 months on the "finish" duh,, you get 6 years with a cheap Iflo shower valve from City Plumbing, and I have had them honour it, made by Bristan, they did try to palm me off with a replacement valve for me to fit, I said, your valve your warranty you go fix it, and they did.

Sponsored Links
Ah- So. Rudson Heed you sray...Sound flamiliar, cookie boy ;) Allegedly

Everything else gets the minimum allowed by law - twelve months.

They all say its a year but I'm sure I read an article somewhere that retailers have to follow europian law which is 2years
scrap that did a quick google and it seems that a customer has a right of redress from the retailer under "the sale of goods act" for up to 6 years against faulty goods

Matt

This 6 year timescale looks very good on paper, but in practice it very rarely works , it is not as clear cut as it might appear , if it was the case than pretty much any boiler purchased in the Uk by a consumer would have a 6 year warranty ??

lots of these long warrantys offered by various manu's are probably not worth the paper they are written on , & in any event if this nonsense started to be applied by consumers onto installers , I would ask them to supply there own appliances (boilers) & than they can deal with some of these shyster (good word pendict :) ) manufacturers like maybe Biasi UK ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back