I know how you guys like pictures of dodgy stuff......

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Some for you to have a laugh at...

First up, a church I visited just before Christmas to install a new dimmer for the stage lighting. (Dimmer, in this context means a six channel unit, 10 amp per channel, 60A SPNE input hardwired, 6 x outputs on 15A BS546 sockets.)
View media item 41428 View media item 41429 View media item 41430First image shows the dis board the old dimmer was supplied from, note the second pair of tails on the live side of the main switch. Those unfused tails then go to this 45A cooker switch in the second image, then arrive at the dimmer location in image 3. The wall dimmers on the left of image 2 operate the house lights. Note the CPC, consisting of a stripped back bit of 1.5mm flex and the way the tails leading out to the lighting points are connected.

Second lot. My company has just bought a new warehouse/office unit, which we'll be moving into in a couple of weeks. In the meantime I've been tasked with "sorting it out" and this is what I've found so far, I'm sure there'll be more....
View media item 41432The dis board, count the faults.
View media item 41433There's 100s of sq. ft. of false ceiling full of stuff like this
View media item 41431With downlighters like this.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back