Ideal , constant condenser drip when off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi , my names Wag.Ive looked at FAQs. weve got an ideal logic. Weve had to top the water up gradually more and more over the last few months . Its now twice a day . The fitter has been out , weve put sealer in a couple of times, put tissue around the rad ends , a bag on the PRV pipe, looked for leaks around the house .
This morning I looked and saw water constantly dripping from the kitchen drain , which also has the condenser pipe attached further up. I took the cap off the bottom of the trap and its still constantly dripping after I emptied it. The boiler has been off throughout this- with 1.5 put in the system .Does this mean a heat exchanger prob please ? im off out now but have left a bucket under the drip to check amount and pressure drop.
Thanks for watching.

Sponsored Links
It does seem like the heat exchanger is leaking, call a gas safe engineer out to look at your boiler and arrange to fix or replace it for you.

Update; The Ideal engineer is here right now , replacing the heat exchanger . He said " I wont lie , some of the earlier ones were faulty , had a weak spot and are replaced if they break ".Approximately years 09/10 .
When I contacted Ideal last week ,I asked if there was a recall or similar , they said no. But from what this blokes saying, (I think) they'll replace any duffers . I suppose its in their interest in the long run .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back